Print this article
Send this article by e-mail
Bibliography & Further Reading
- KGB documents from the years of the occupation of the three Baltic countries. http://www.kgbdocuments.eu/
- "Judgment of the International Public Tribunal in Vilnius." Vilnius, 2000.
- Misiunas, R.; Taagepera. "The Baltic States: years of dependence 1940-1990." London, 1993.
- Mälksoo, L. "Illegal Annexation and State Continuity: Case of the Incorporation of the Baltic States by the USSR: A Study of the Tension Between Normativity and power in international law." Leiden; Boston: Brill, 2003.
- Oll, A. "Dismantling Tyranny: Transitioning Beyond Totalitarian Regimes." (ed. by Berman, I. and J. Waller, J. M.) Lanham, MD: Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, 2006.
- Rahi, A. "Project A Joint Register of Estonian Population Losses: sources and methods of research. The Soviet Occupation Regime in the Baltic States 1944-1959: Policies and their Consequences." Riga, 2003.
- Rahi, A. "The Baltic countries under occupation: Soviet and Nazi rule 1939-1991." (Ed. Kõll, A. M.) Stockholm, 2003.
- Anußauskas, Arvydas, ed. "The Anti-Soviet Resistance in the Baltic States."Vilnius: Genocide and Resistance Research Centre of Lithuania, 2000.
- Feldmanis, Inesis and Aivars Stranga. "The Destiny of the Baltic Entente, 1934–1940." Rîga:
Latvian Institute of International Affairs, 1994.
- Mertelsmann, Olaf, ed. "The Sovietization of the Baltic States, 1940–1956." Tartu: KLEIO, 2003.
- Misiunas, Romuald J. and Rein Taagepera. "The Baltic States: Years of Dependence, 1940–1990." Berkeley and Los Angeles: U of California P, 1993.
- "The Baltic States. Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania." London, New York: Routledge, 2002.
- "Chronicle of the Catholic Church in Lithuania, 1972-1989". English translation: Brooklyn, N.Y.: Lithuanian Roman Catholic Priests’ League of America, 1972-1989.
- Jakubčionis, Algirdas. "The Unarmed Anti-Soviet Resistance in Lithuania in the 1950s and 1960s" Vilnius : Genocide and Resistance Research Centre of Lithuania, 2007.
- Kuodytė, Dalia and Rokas Tračevskis "The Unknown War: Armed Anti-Soviet Resistance in Lithuania in 1944-1953." Vilnius : Genocide and Resistance Research Centre of Lithuania, 2004. A brief account with photographs.
- Kudirka, Simas & Larry Eichel "For those still at sea". New York : Dial Press, 1978.
- Remeikis, Tomas. "Opposition to Soviet Rule in Lithuania: 1940-1980." Chicago: Institute of Lithuanian Studies Press, 1980.
- Senn, Alfred Erich. "Gorbachev’s Failure in Lithuania." NY: St. Martin’s Press, 1995. An account of Lithuania’s emergence from Soviet rule, 1988-1991.
- Vardys, Vytautas Stanley."The Catholic Church, dissent, and nationality in Soviet Lithuania.": East European Quarterly, distributed by Columbia University Press, 1978.
- June 15, 1940 - Soviet Union invades Lithuania
- Lithuania lost 780,000 citizens as a result of Communist occupation